Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Because You... (#8)

Kim.
Because you are one of my oldest friends.
And have managed to stay one of my closest. I never have to censor a single story or fact or opinion, because 99% of the time you agree with me. And that 1% that you don't, is usually because you say I'm not giving myself enough credit. You are always there living life to its fullest. In fact it's that spontaneity that I truly admire and try to emulate in my own life. You know you make mistakes, but are the first person to admit that, and learn from them.
You are the only person I know that can rock a ponytail on the top of your head and bright orange and blonde highlights. You would buy a lizard out of nowhere. Know every single Filipino on the East Coast. Share a SYTYCD obsession. Introduce me to a Finish exchange student. Fantasize about living in NYC together. Go on midnight mcflurry runs. And wear rompers.
And even though Tyler and I give you a hard time about going to school in the midwest, know that we really only do it to mask the fact that it means we miss you that much more. On the 24th you celebrated your 20th birthday, and while I look back on the 15 years that we've known each other, I honestly couldn't have asked for a better friend.
Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

  1. i just re-read this. I wish you could see the amount of love pouring out of me right now.

    I love you boo. forever & evah.

    ReplyDelete