Friday, September 3, 2010

Internet in Italy!

Italia!
So It is official! I made it to Italy!!!
Rome is absolutely beautiful and completely surreal. I still don't feel like I'm actually living here. I keep waiting for the alram to go off and wake up in my room back in Harrisburg. I just got connected to the internet at school (which is where I'm currently blogging from), but still don't have any internet at the residence. I've attached a video from the first two days in Rome. We have a week long orientation, which I am soooo grateful for. So far I've already gone to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Villa Borghese, and Campo de Flori, Piazza de Poppolo, and the Vatican! All of which were pretty breathtaking. Our Residence is super nice too. And way more spacious than they made it out to be. I'll post some more later.
Hope you are all doing well and being safe!
The Villa Borghese is this huge park where people go to eat lunch, walk around, exercise, play with their kids, and walk their dogs. We sat on some benches and ate our pizza in front of this little arcade pavilion.
Pizza is considered the fast food of Italy.
The three kinds I had for lunch yesterday are from front to back:
Zucchini and bacon, mozzarella and spinach, and potato.
On our walking tour we passed by this statue which is said to
bring good luck to anyone that rubs the man's butt.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Romeo! Keep on blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. gibby looks beautiful.
    2. i love your jimmy giggle at the end of the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!! so glad that you got to post a blog since youve been there...i miss you so much and all of your stories! hahaha
    and i love the video!!!
    MISS YOU SO MUCH!
    laur

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayayayayayayayayayayayay!!! I miss you babyboo. So so so so much. This made my day :]

    ReplyDelete