Friday, June 12, 2009

We Owe It All to Pete...

I have no idea who Pete is... but apparently his good luck rubbed off on us today! Laur and I had a wonderful brother/sister bonding day...
Seriously, it couldn't have been better. It started off with her going on a 3 mile run. Me finally getting finished cleaning my room. We then went to Atlanta Bread Company for lunch. But before we did we stopped off at an ATM where I was fortunate enough to find the beauty that is Pete's $10 bill. 
Beautiful Sister...
Lunch was wonderful. I had an ABC Special Sandwich, soda, and chips. Laur had a strawberry-banana smoothie. Carly provided deep and intense conversation.  
Then Laur and I went to her basketball game. I met Emily's brother, Matt. What a character.  Laur ended up winning and from the game we headed to Holy Name to play some bingo at the festival.  We all showed up with bags of quarters... seriously there were 8 of us with bags of quarters. It was ridiculous!
Money Bags...
I never realized how intense my sister and her friends get at this game. Laur won three times, totaling $16.75 and I won once for a prize of $10! It was pretty exciting.  
We even made friends with all the old ladies running the bingo tent. And got into a friendly heckling competition with an old woman smoking a cigaret and oxygen tank in tow. (I unfortunately didn't get a picture of her though.)
It started to rain once we go to 3B's to blow our winnings...
Lastly we took our big winnings and bought some ice cream at 3B's. It was delicious. Raspberry is my favorite. Then Laur and I drove home. I love her more than blog posts can say...
Thanks Pete... for giving us a wonderful day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment