Friday, October 2, 2009

Show Me Your Soul...


This past weekend I went to West Philly with Cait and Lyndsay to test drive the new Kia Soul. Why were we test driving the car whose commercials depict it being driven around by all kinds of wacked out hamsters... well I'm glad you asked. 
You see they were giving out free MGMT tickets to the first couple hundred people or so that test drove the car. So naturally as any college student would do, we waited in line for almost 3 hours to drive around the block in the city and get a free pair of tickets that otherwise would have cost between $50-75. Gotta love a good bargain. 
Llola (the car salesperson) and I became close friends. We talked the entire time and she even gave me the option of taking the car for an even longer ride/alternative route because she said I was a good driver and could hold a conversation. Apparently it had been a pretty long day for her too. 
After the test drive we went to a menagerie of thrift stores where Caitlin ended up looking like a homeless person because of the black trash bags jam packed with stuff she bought. I managed to find a highlighter yellow hoodie at SALVO, but that's not why I bought it. I bought it because someone had sewn "I love freddy krueger" into the back of it using those iron on letters. What a gem, a true classic. I ended the day with a burrito from Qdoba as the girls ate gilotto from the place on Sampson. Overall weekend: success.

1 comment:

  1. This is so amazing!! I'm so jealous of you!! Tell me how MGMT is!!!!!!

    Love, me

    ReplyDelete