Saturday, March 28, 2009

I <3 NY...




Today my Art History class and I took a trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  I have only been to NY a total of about 4 times now, but I have to say that with each visit... I love it more and more.  

I don't know what it is about the place, but something just feels right.  Even though I was completely lost and had no idea where I was there was something really exciting about exploring the different side streets and alleys.  I could definitely see myself living there if the opportunity ever presented itself.  So here's to hopping.  And here's to a wonderful day spent with art and NYC.

While at the Met, Allison and I explored all the different exhibits... she really liked a particular one on American realism painters that specialized in landscapes.

I was a little more drawn to some of the Italian paintings. And I couldn't get over these armored horses for some reason. They are so ridiculously cool and intricate and detailed!

We walked around a little bit until we finally found a nice little Chinese-Italian Deli near 60th street I think.  I ordered a Turkey Club and it was pretty good... I don't know about $10 worth of good... but as far as the whole scheme of New York City goes... I'd say that's pretty good.

We finished walking around basically in a huge rectangle from 82nd to 60th back up to 86th and finally stopping off back at the Met. Pigeons were in abundance. As was the sun, which was such a nice surprise and change of events from the rain we had/are currently experiencing in Philadelphia. I will most certainly be going back... hopefully this summer with my sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment