Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring Break: Central PA Style


So it's been a little while since I posted last.  I'm still trying to figure out how this whole thing works.  That and I have such a short term memory I couldn't remember my password and which e-mail account I had used.  But thats besides the point.  The point is, I'm back, I have it figured out... for now... and that's good enough for me.

Im currently on spring break from school and have been for approximately 2 1/2 days now.  My dad picked a friend and I up from school... drove two hours home... only to make the trip back to Philly the very next day for my brother's championship basketball game.  (He won.)  It was actually really exciting... he's a senior in college and I can't even to begin to comprehend how mind boggling that is to me.  He is sooo old!

Fun Fact: I have this weird thought process that even though I'm in college now I don't feel as though I've been getting any older.  I'm still stuck in thinking I'm in the 7th grade and my sister, (who is currently a high school junior... cray-zay!) is still in 5th grade... looking back throughout my life, while it's been a relatively short life, I look at things such as high school as a huge blur. And the only person in my life that seems to be aging is my brother and his friends... I guess I just always looked at them as being sooo much older and more mature than I was. I don't really know why, he's only three years older than me... and in the grand scheme of things thats really not that big of a difference at all now is it? 

But there it is.... I feel as though I shouldn't have all the responsibilities that I have.  Not because I'm not capable of handling them or following through with them... but rather because deep down I don't feel like an adult at all. In reality I'm still a teenager... but I'm at school... away from my family. Away from middle school. High school. My horrible summer job at subway.  I'm stuck in this little bubble inside my head... I think it started when I saw the Truman Show.  That movie most definitely has left an impression on my life.  I'm more neurotic. Paranoid. Sarcastic and skeptical... I am also a little narcissistic because of it too... I mean who really is that obsessed with themselves to think that cameras are watching there every move?  I for one will be the first to admit that I hardly believe my life is interesting enough to captivate millions of television viewers... maybe more like 100 or so.  

All this talk about responsibility and growing up is kind of been swirling around my head recently because of something that happened not too long ago.  It happened Saturday night when I was at my brother's basketball game.  A bunch of my friends went to our local diner to catch up before a few of them headed back to school the next day.  Well needless to say shit hit the fan when two of my friends discovered they had both been seeing our other friend that I'll call "J" for amenity purposes.  No-- you know what-- screw that, he's an ass... his name is Jonas... and he really really messed up.  You see apparently he's been going out with two of my friends for a few months now.  And... my friends... unaware of each other's relationship with Jon-ass.... subsequently had sex with him... and became invested...  Well... needless to say, when Jonas showed up to the diner with a third unknown girl all hell broke loose.  It was then that everyone at the table found out that Jonas was having sex with both my friends days apart and really really just not thinking about possible repercussions.

I guess the part that gets me is that I actually really liked Jonas.  He was always very nice to me. I didn't know him that well... but he always seemed to be one of those do-gooders.  I think that's why it came to be such a shock when I found out about it.  That and the fact that this same scenario occurred a few years ago with my aunt and uncle. Where we found out he had been secretly seeing another woman in Ohio and helping to support her daughter along with my aunt and cousins.  

I guess I just can't fathom how someone could do that to another human being.... or multiple human beings? Especially people that they say they care about?! It just doesn't make sense to me... 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter note: 
I may be going to visit my friend Tyler at his school in Pittsburgh this week. It all depends if Ann (mom) gives me the go ahead or not.

My puppy has gotten soooo fat.  And while he continues to remain a terror for the rest of my family he actually listens remarkably well to me. Who knew... I'm the dog whisperer.

I didn't realize how much I missed my sister and how well we get along until i came home.  She is honestly probably my best friend... and that's saying something because I don't really consider myself to ever have had an "actual" best friend before... just A LOT of really close friends you know?

I am dreading finding a summer job.... and petrified I'm going to be forced to go back to working for Mr. Bob at Subway again.

That was a weird little section of what's been going through my mind lately....
I'll upload some pictures of some of my work from the studio classes I've been taking in a little.
And I'll keep you posted on how the rest of spring break in Pennsylvania goes.  Tomorrow we are apparently having a pasta party for my sister's basketball team... I'm technically not invited... I was told to take the dog and go somewhere else till it's over... but let's be honest... I'm not going to skip out on the free food! Till next time - James

No comments:

Post a Comment