Saturday, April 4, 2009

America's First Zoo...

Went to the Philadelphia Zoo  today! Celebrating more than 150 years in existence...
A lot of the animals were pretty active today.  Especially the Cheetahs and Giraffes.
Weather was sunny, but pretty windy.  Small screaming children were in abundance...
I didn't get to sketch anything substantial... I felt self conscious whenever I started drawing.  Parents started telling their kids to look at me, like I was on exhibit. 
One lady was like, Stand still Jay and he'll draw your picture.  (The boy luckily didn't want his picture drawn.) Maybe I'll go back Tuesday morning and try again... less crowded.
I was so happy when I saw the elephants, because I want to use them in my drawing final and someone told me that the zoo was considering re-locating them...
All in all... the day was a success.  even if I did have to wait 45 minutes for the trolley, which never came, so I took the bus instead... 

No comments:

Post a Comment