Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Giant Flightless Birds...


Another e-mail to my mother:

Hello Beautiful. You are probably the most beautiful woman I have ever met in my entire 18 and a half years of existence. Scratch that probably... definetely the most beautiful woman I've ever met. Not even a month and I'll be 19... weird I know.  Anyways, I've been looking up cassowary photos for my drawing final.  Along with pictures of ostriches and emus. Clarification: Cassowaries are these huge flightless birds from Australia with Black feathers and a head with bright neon blue skin and a fire engine red gobbler.  They are pretty cool if I do say so myself.  Google image search them, you won't be let down.  Anyways... my drawing final. I have to do a life sice (or bigger) self portrait of myself and some animal(s).  Naturally, because I have a death wish and a sweet tooth for stress I have decided to do mine bigger. And add not one species of animal... but three.  Granted they are all relatively similar in species/build, but still.  My idea is to have these three different types of birds charging right at the viewer.  I'll connect the brown craft paper I've been so stealthfully collecting over the past couple weeks by tape and sewing.  Sarah Dixon's going to help me sew parts of it.  There is going to be a large amount of dust being kicked about due to the birds' large talons.  These dust clouds shall be partially outlined in more sewing.  Oh and I forgot to mention... I will most likely be riding one of these said beasts.  Why you may ask, because I have decided that if I could have any type of super power it would be to fly. Why these birds in particular? Well, because as a matter of fact, they can't fly, their size prevents them from making it off the ground and I find that incredibly ironic.  Males in all three species also play a main role in raising the young, which I think is also relatively fitting. Seeing as how I would like to have children some day, hopefully, and be as involved as dad was/is for Mike, Laur, and me.  So what do you think? Stupid? Genius? Your my mom, I know I know, you have to like it, comes with the job.  Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Oh--Side note! Talk to Laur about coming out to visit the weekend of the 24th-26th.  Caitlin's brother is coming out too, and Mrs. Weigel said it would be nice if they could ride the train together... and I quite agree! LoveLoveLove. Tell everyone I said hello and I miss them. Your forever Son -James Aaron 

Picture of my mother, sister, and I at a park. Yes--Yes that would be moss on my mother's head.

(I'll upload a better picture when I get home, and can scan it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment