Friday, April 10, 2009

Broad Street Hit and Run...

Welcome to the City of Brotherly Love...
This would be the hit and run that occurred around 56 minutes ago outside my room. This would also be the hit and run that woke me up about 56 minutes ago... (Waking me is actually a pretty big feat) Scary thing is... I actually saw the other car, also totaled, try and speed away...  As I watched a man emerge from the completely crumpled car now parked in the subway entrance wall I couldn't help but wonder where the emergency help was?  Onlookers went to see if the man was alright and 10 minutes later (which is kinda a long time) an ambulance showed up. Followed by another and about 6 police cars.  The hit and run driver didn't make it far... about a block or two I heard as cop answered his radio.  Now I'm sitting here watching as they call for tow truck after tow truck... and keep sending for another that has the capability to remove a car from a brick wall... Crazy... really makes you put things into perspective... 

Also--I know this picture is pretty poor quality. Keep in mind there's a parking lot seperating me from Broad Street, where the crash occurred... that and my camera's about 8 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment